Nucleocapsid protein is the most abundant protein of coronavirus. During virion assembly, N protein binds to viral RNA and leads to formation of the helical nucleocapsid. Nucleocapsid protein is a highly immunogenic phosphoprotein also implicated in viral genome replication and in modulating cell signaling pathways. Because of the conservation of N protein sequence and its strong immunogenicity, the N protein of coronavirus is chosen as a diagnostic tool. The antigen (Nucleocapsid Protein, NP) is generally detectable during the acute phase of infection.
Lateral Flow kit characteristics:
- Lateral flow in dip stick format available in 10 and 30 tests.
- Clinical Evaluation Study with 370 specimens (prior confirmed with RT-PCR assay) showed: 96.33% sensitivity & 99.62% specificity
- Clinical performance with 528 nasal specimens (prior confirmed with RT-PCR assay) showed: 98.59% sensitivity & 99.74% specificity
- The test provides the option for nasal swab sampling for less patient discomfort
- Visual interpretation of the results in 15 mins
- Simple method, no need for special equipment
- Rapid Test Ag 2019-nCov is confirmed to detect also the new dominant variants of SARS-CoV-2, known as the UK (B.1.1.7), South African (B.1.351) and Brazilian (P.1) variants
- Shelf Life: 12 months | Storage 4-30 oC
- The test has received the CE-IVD mark
- Test should only be conducted by medical personnel